• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 RobT

RobT

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 237 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:32 AM

Hi everyone, the Immunet 3.0.6.8225 Public Beta is now available! The installer below can be used for new installations and upgrades from all prior 2.x.x and 3.0.x versions:

http://download.immu...etBetaSetup.exe

Please note this beta will require a full uninstalled before re-installing with an official Immunet release version.

What's new for 3.0.6 Beta 1:

* Enhanced virus protection based on signed file information
* Enhanced virus protection based on parent file execution
* Performance enhancements based on enhanced caching of Immunet's databases
* Fix for the ampersand (&) character breaking exclusions
* Fix for very long exclusion paths sometimes crashing the Immunet interface
* Fix when excluding an entire drive from scanning (e.g. "e:\")

FYI, we are also planning on releasing a Beta 2 that will add support for Immunet on Windows Server 2003!

Reporting Issues:
If you have any feedback please post it to this thread. If you think you've found a bug please include a description of the problem, instructions to reproduce it, and any relevant screenshots.
  • reahwhems and Doocculsinc like this

#2 ritchie58

ritchie58

Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1,846 posts
  • LocationOil City, Pa. U.S.A.

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:27 AM

An impressive list on this roll out! Count me in! You guys have been busy! I'll run the installer a little later this evening.

* Immunet Global Forum Moderator *

#3 Guest_Mature_*

Guest_Mature_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

good job!

hope this one won't let me down...

#4 ritchie58

ritchie58

Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

As of this writing no anomalous, unusual or unexpected behavior encountered so far. The install over top the current version went very smoothly and all exclusions, settings and login credentials were intact. OS: Win. 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit

#5 iTrendsNET

iTrendsNET

Advanced Member

• Immunet Insiders
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

Excellent news! Is there an estimated release date available as to when they anticipate going final?

Also, do the developers plan on sticking with version 3 for a while and is there a roadmap as to when Immunet will move to a version 4? I realize I may be jumping the gun here!! It's just that the blog has not been updated since May 2011 and I was beginning to get concerned.

#6 RobT

RobT

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 237 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

Hi iTrendsNET, we don't have any solid plans to move to a "v4" in the near future. We do have a roadmap of features we want to add this year, and some of them are definitely worthy of a new major revision number.

#7 mokito

mokito

Advanced Member

• Immunet Insiders
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:08 AM

any ideas on when there will be a version that includes localization???? theres no word this for ages...... and there are at least 12 or so languages ready......
Immunet Community E-Mail for invitation -> nunito.mokito@gmail.com

thanks! :D

#8 jgroep

jgroep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:53 AM

Will try this one. Thanks.

#9 Davey

Davey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

New version yields the same problem that has existed for many moons! Continued disk hashing after running the initial required flash scan? I don't how long the hashing continues...but requires a reboot to calm the disk drive down. Also if the initial scan is stopped prematurely it satisfies the requirement even though it never completed. Win XP Pro SP3..running concurrently with Panda Cloud AV.
Davey

#10 ritchie58

ritchie58

Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

Sorry to hear your still having the same problems Davey. You know that no matter how hard a software developer tries, it's almost impossible to take into account every conceivable system configuration that a person might have. I have never had a problem with the disk I/O hashing. Then again perhaps my configuration has enough system performance that it is a non issue for me. I have a custom built machine and use SATA 2 10,000 RPM hard drives so maybe that has something to do with it. Regards, Ritchie...

#11 ritchie58

ritchie58

Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

Davey, no doubt you've already done this in the past but you could send in another SDT report. As this is a beta version I'm sure RobT and the others would promptly take a look at it.

#12 RobT

RobT

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 237 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

Hi Davey, we usually see some disk hashing after a flash scan completes however it's generally pretty low and usually lasts in the low 10s of seconds on a computer with modest specs (or ~30 seconds, maximum, on a slower computer). The hashing is worse on full scans - lasting between 4 to 8 minutes depending on how many files were scanned and how complex your folder tree is. FYI, we made a 50% improvement on this in 3.0.5 (3.0.4 was taking 8 to 16 minutes), and are still working on it - there are actually minor improvments for 3.0.6, however I don't have any real performance data here yet.

So, a few quick questions that will help me figure out exactly what is causing your hash issues during flash scans:
- did add exclusions to Panda for Immunet, and to Immunet for Panda?
- Can you tell me how many files the flash scan says it has scanned when it finishes?
- How much free space do you have left on your c drive?
- Do you know how fast your c drive is? I.e. laptop/5400RPM/7200RPM/10K RPM/flash?

#13 RobT

RobT

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 237 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:42 AM

Hi Mokito, I'll have a reply for you by the end of the month ;)

#14 jgroep

jgroep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:39 AM

Thanks for fixing the ampersand issue!

Quick finds for this beta:
- The "Notices" window is empty/has no info.
- With an update over the old Immunet, the Plus advertisement remains. But with a fresh install there is no Plus advertisement.
- After a contextmenu scan, the "Elapsed time" still zeroes out.

Yours sincerely,
Jochem Jean.

#15 RobT

RobT

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 237 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

Thanks for the feedback Jochem!

-We're working on a fix for the Notices window now. We think we can fix this server side so it should just start working in the next couple days.
-Plus advertisements missing in new installs will be fixed by the end of the day.
-Context menu scan issue has been bugged (good catch!). The fix for this probably won't make it into 3.0.6.

#16 ritchie58

ritchie58

Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

I encountered a minor glitch today. When Immunet loaded the Update Now section of the UI was yellow and stating Never Updated. I tried to run the Updater and nothing would happen. Nothing downloaded. So I clicked on Hide Tray Icon, and then relaunched the System Tray Icon with the Desktop Icon. That seemed to do the trick. After that the Update Now information was correct and I was able to download the current updates. agent.exe must have failed to load properly during boot-up. This is the first time this has happened with this beta version.

#17 Popularboy23

Popularboy23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

Whenever i open Immunet i get a blank screen and all i can see is the advertisement on the right. Please fix this! I really wanna use your product.

#18 ritchie58

ritchie58

Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

Hi popularboy23, the process that controls the GUI is iptray.exe. Make sure that your firewall or other security software is not blocking this process. Another process that Immunet uses, which is agent.exe, needs internet access as well. That would be the first thing to check. Regards, Ritchie...

#19 dcclayton

dcclayton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

I'm looking forward to the 3.6 release to try on our windows 2003 file server.

David

#20 bvamunds

bvamunds

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

Hi Developers, thanks for the chance to test the 3.0.6.
Couple of observations.
Installed on a Media Center 2002 with SP3 applied. The install was done over 3.0.5 Pus. The installation proceeded as expected shutting down the Immunet Service, but toward the end it said that it could not continue until the PC was rebooted. On the reboot the installation did NOT restart and I also received a message that stated that the Immunet Protection.dll (or something like that) file could not be found so the services were not started. The Agent was not loaded and the IPTray wasn't loaded. So I restarted the install and everything seemed to proceed and end with a request to reboot the PC to complete the installation. After this second restart, IPTray and Agent started, but when opening the IPTray I could see the Computer wasn't secure because no scan had been done, I expected this was a new version. I started a Flash Scan which completed, but then the disk started thrashing and didn't end for over ten minutes, so I shutdown and restarted the computer. I know this problem is already documented, but thought I should let you know it is happening on this platform.
I tried a Rootkit scan and while the scan timer says it is proceeding there is no disk activity and the "Files Scanned" remains at zero.
I also notice that the Lasted Scanned time is ahead by 60 minutes from my actual computer time.
The Notices screen is as expected with the latest versions announcements.
Hope this helps the developers. Thanks for continuing to develop. I'll continue to test and post results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users