Local Network File Transfers Agent.exe Pegs At 100% Cpu
Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:41 AM
Accoring to Windows Task Monitor; Immunet agent.exe pegged at 100% CPU utilization while syncing the network server folder to the local folder over the network. It approx. 15 min to finish the copying of 20 mb.
Immunet configuration changes did not improve the situation.
Original Immunut settings:
- agent.exe could not be exited in Task Monitor.
- Clam AV ON Ethos ON Spero ON
Experimental Immunet config changes to try to achieve an acceptable configuration:
- Clam AV ON Ethos ON Spero ON ->
- Clam AV OFF Ethos ON Spero ON ->
- Clam AV OFF Ethos Off Spero Off
This was the result of a test. Yesterday while trying to configure rsync backups; Immunet agent.exe completely blocked while pegging at 100% utilization for 4 hours. There was no possibility to exit agent.exe with Task Monitor.
I also googled and searched the forum, but found no answers.
I hope someone can provide some settings to allow normal network traffic.
Thanks- Gary Gabriel
- reahwhems likes this
Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:37 AM
* Immunet Global Forum Moderator *
Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:25 AM
1) The problem (for me) does not occur because of large files, but transferring or syncing directories (of numerous small files).
2) I have now monitored this problem generally. Agent.exe excessively slows down transfer of files. Individual file transfer is not as noticeable but becomes excessively slow. It also hogs excessive CPU resources according to Task Monitor.
In summary; I will try your excellant suggestions to see if they succeed in bringing file transfer to workable and acceptable levels.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users