• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LimboSlam

LimboSlam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:16 AM

Hey you guys! Today I reinstalled Adblock Plus for Internet Explorer and it was working perfectly last time I had it, but now Immunet has classified it as Clam.Win.Trojan.Toopu-2 and the file path is: C\Users\Medina\AppData\Local\Temp\is-04VUN.tmp\adblockplusie-1.3-multilanguage-x64.msi. Actually there are multible detections for Clam.Win.Trojan.Toopu-2/Adblock Plus 1.3, but the file paths are different. I have already scan my pc with Immunet and Norton Power Eraser, even gave MSE a try, and have not found one virus, spyware/malware. What should I do?? I trust this program, so would it be safe to make an exception for it? Well I guess I'll wait for your answer.        

#2 Lorne

Lorne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCalgary AB, Canada

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:22 PM

Hey LimboSlam,

I was able to install Adblock Plus 1.3 without any detections from Immunet. Can you restore the file being quarantined and send it to support@immunet.com?

We can take a further look at it. Only exclude the file if you feel it is safe enough to do so. It may be possible that other anti-virus programs on your computer are creating a conflict.

Regards,

Lorne

Lorne Burke
CO-OP.TECH UNDERGRAD STUDENT WORKER
Cisco Security Group
lorburke@cisco.com

Cisco Systems Canada

#3 ritchie58

ritchie58

Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1,794 posts
  • LocationOil City, Pa. U.S.A.

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:48 AM

Mmm. Some handles being held on to "longer than expected" within the temp file during the updating process triggered the 

FP responce perhaps?

* Immunet Global Forum Moderator *

#4 LimboSlam

LimboSlam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:07 PM

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I was going to send the files to the support team (was busy), but now the quarantine files are no longer there? Why is that?? Anyways it was a probelm with Unchecky and Immunet both scanning Adblock Plus 1.3 before it was let through to install. Werid...... I thought be excluding Unchecky that there be no conflicts with Immunet?    

#5 Lorne

Lorne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:18 PM

Hey LimboSlam,

The quarantined files probably get cleaned out after so many days. We do not officially support Unchecky so there could very well be issues using both. Sometimes anti-virus programs will create temp files outside the anti-virus' own directory. It may be worth finding out where these files are made/stored so you exclude that region of data as well.

Anyways, I hope everything is working for you now.

Regards,

Lorne

Lorne Burke
Cisco Security Group
lorburke@cisco.com

Cisco Systems Canada

#6 LimboSlam

LimboSlam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:45 PM

Can you guy support Unchecky? 

#7 Lorne

Lorne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:11 PM

Hey LimboSlam,

Immunet will most likely not be adding any more official compatible programs to their list as we transition to being a free product with forum support only. That being said, if you need help adding exclusions for compatibility, email me at support@immunet.com and I can help you set those up.

Regards,

Lorne

Lorne Burke
Cisco Security Group
lorburke@cisco.com

Cisco Systems Canada

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ABP, abp, Adblock Plus, IE, Adblock Plus 1.3 For IE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users