#1 adrin

adrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 09:21 PM

Attached File  Untitled.png   210.42KB   0 downloadsdetected

Edited by adrin, 03 March 2016 - 09:23 PM.

#2 beluu

beluu

Admin

• Administrators
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:07 PM

Hi adrin,

I downloaded and installed Panda Free AV along with the toolbar. Looks like it is indeed quarantining the toolbar.

I have notified the threat analysis team to investigate.

Cheers!

#3 ritchie58

ritchie58

Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1,812 posts
  • LocationOil City, Pa. U.S.A.

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:50 AM

I have used Panda & Immunet together for years and speaking from experience it hasn't always been a smooth relationship.

Especially when it comes to an original install or updating Panda to a new version. Immunet will almost always quarantine the RarSFX files needed to install/update the Panda AV program.

Completely closing Immunet before installing/updating Panda will solve this problem but sometimes Panda will automatically push updates to users so you don't always get that chance beforehand.

Of course it's always best to exclude both Immunet's and Panda's Program Files folder in their respective Exclusion List just to help avoid conflicts.

Regards, Ritchie...

* Immunet Global Forum Moderator *

#4 beluu

beluu

Admin

• Administrators
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:09 PM

Hi adrin,

From what i've heard from the team, they're going to be keeping the toolbar considered as a malicious file for now. Reason being that it looks to be Adware/PUA (potentially unwanted application).

If you would like to continue using the toolbar, you can always add it to the exclusions so that it is ignored by Immunet. As per ritchie's suggestion, adding the entire Panda program folder to the exclusion list may not be a bad idea.

#5 ritchie58

ritchie58

Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1,812 posts
  • LocationOil City, Pa. U.S.A.

Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:56 AM

This is just a personal opinion of course, but I would rather saw my own legs off then have a third-party toolbar on my browser of choice, lol!

* Immunet Global Forum Moderator *

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users