30 replies to this topic

#21 khampol

khampol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:45 AM

Hey Ritchie,

I said "SFC.exe run and take me more than 450Mb RAM and still going up"...

And I am pretty sure that is because immunet. I try it several time or different machine, and as soon as i remove immunet the ram consumed is back to normal 120-250mb (its an old windows on a old pc..). Actually i prefer do not install immunet.

ps : for the cpu, no its not used so much compare to ram...

Edited by khampol, 13 May 2017 - 04:47 AM.

#22 oroechimaru

oroechimaru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:52 PM

SFC.exe has the same issues in Windows 10 starting late 2016, possibly due to a Windows update? 

https://www.hardocp....g_its_antivirus

This occurs on a new windows 10 laptop (from December 2016), My older Win10 laptop and my Windows 10 XEON desktop (4ghz!). Each use 10-75% cpu and often a high amount of ram even when idle.... especially in the first 30 minutes after booting up.

The only thing that helped the first laptop in question was to disable clamAV, the cloud AVs integrated in immunet and to add windows defender to the exception list. Is there any logs we could provide to help with this? Many of us love immunet but v5 has been slow for the last 7 months or so. 

On a 4th laptop it made the device 100% unusable (again new christmas laptop)... after uninstalling Immunet the system was fine upon reboot. The pc was completely unusable due to the SFC process in windows 10 x64. 

Windows Defender remains enabled in each case... most AV I believe have a mechanism to disable it... possibly this is a key conflict? It is difficult to tell/test. 

Edited by oroechimaru, 06 June 2017 - 09:07 PM.

#23 ritchie58

ritchie58

Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1,898 posts
  • LocationOil City, Pa. U.S.A.

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:04 AM

I know that Immunet will use a large amount of RAM & CPU processing power when it's pulling down new detection definitions and installing them but this should only be temporary. Once the new defs are installed it should return to normal. If this is not the case you are welcome to submit a Support Diagnostic Tool report to Support. Here's a FAQ topic on how to create & submit a comprehensive SDT report. http://support.immun...ic-tool-report/

BTW - I deleted your post in the Ideas section since it was pretty much a duplicate post.

Best wishes, Ritchie...

P.S. - Other anti-virus vendors besides Kaspersky have complained to Microsoft that it has made Windows 10 incompatible with their current AV software. Did they do it on purpose? Maybe. Just so more people will use Defender instead perhaps. I find that not very cool either! Microsoft's own Security Essentials is not compatible with Win 10 too!

* Immunet Global Forum Moderator *

#24 oroechimaru

oroechimaru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:34 AM

Awesome I will help test when I get some free time. I notcied its worse on newer laptops... By chance when Immunet is installed isnit crawling the machine for days thinking everything is new? Anywho... Will provide better feedback in near feature. Thanks!

#25 dlockwood

dlockwood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:19 AM

immunet causes absolutely no significant increase in cpu usage. If you are getting high cpu usage, something else is running.

#26 ritchie58

ritchie58

Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 03:51 AM

That's the observation I have seen also. Even while performing a scan Immunet will normally not eat up an excessive amount of CPU cycles. On the other hand, Immunet will use an amount of RAM when it's pulling down new defs for the ClamAV module and installing them. I have seen over 580 megs of RAM used with my Win 7 x64 SP1 machine when the new defs are being installed. Fortunately this is only temporary and I have enough available RAM that this is not an issue for me.

If, however, you're using an older machine with outdated/limited RAM this can be too much as I discovered recently when I updated my friend's PC to version 5. His old Win XP SP3 32bit machine with 1 gig of outdated DDR1 memory simply could not run with Immunet 5 installed. With his other start-up programs there was not enough available RAM. Even some newer tablets or net books may not have enough RAM installed to use immunet too.

#27 Robert@BRiC

Robert@BRiC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:02 PM

Hi All,

This high cpu usage issue is a big problem for me.  I've confirmed that it's the sfc engine that is effectively locking up my system; I've even submitted a screen shot with that task manager page to the support@ email address (also attached).

This has caused me to force reboot my system 3 times so far today.

Please stop denying that the problem exists.  It does exist and it's apparently rampant since this topic is "HOT"

I've offered my assistance to help debug/resolve it (again with support@) but received no response.

Attached Files

#28 ritchie58

ritchie58

Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:14 AM

I'm not denying the problem exists but I think it really depends on your system configuration and (sometimes) what installed third-party software you're using. If you have a program that's frequently or constantly writing to disk that can cause sfc to scan those files as they are being created which can eat up more CPU cycles than normal. With my installed software & the 2.5 gig dual core CPU hardware overclocked and stable at 3.2 gigs I honestly don't see any of those problem for me anyways.

Sorry to hear that Support has not contacted you regarding your issue Robert, especially since you're eager to help out. That's more than troubling to me too. I have not been getting "any help" on the forum of late so that kinda doesn't surprise me actually!

My best advice would be to contact Support again and tell them you already submitted a Support ticket and got no response. Also mention in your email that you started a new thread to this Support Issues/Defects forum topic.

Best wishes, Ritchie...

#29 Robert@BRiC

Robert@BRiC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:02 AM

My configuration BTW is an i7 2.7Ghz, 32GB of RAM and all SSD running a fully patched Windows 10 OS.  The fact that it makes my system completely inoperable other than seeing my mouse move and repainting windows and toolbars (a half screen at a time) every 5 minutes or so completely blew me away.

This isn't a normal occurrence, but it seems to be happening pretty regularly.  Also, it happens with no notice.  I can be typing away just fine and then all of a sudden everything stops, the mouse starts spinning, and then it's game over.  It's not like what I'm doing is causing additional stress on the system - I'm usually just in a putty session.

I agree it's probably related to some other piece of software I have - I am running some stuff that I could envision might interfere (Windows Defender [MS Security Essentials], Secunia PSI), but no other anti-virus or anti-malware.

I will try to contact support again.  Thanks for being responsive.

#30 ritchie58

ritchie58

Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:36 AM

You definitely have a killer system there dude! Better than my custom built PC that's starting to get a little long in the tooth. I have been thinking about upgrading to a Intel socket 775 quad core actually.

Have you tried to create exclusions for Immunet's Program Files folder with your other security apps? Also, if you haven't done so already, it's advisable to create exclusions with Immunet too for any other security app you're using. Just exclude the entire Program Files folder(s). That's definitely worth a shot Robert.

BTW - check your Personal Messenger feature. I sent you a couple.

#31 noddeye

noddeye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:28 PM

You definitely have a killer system there dude! Better than my custom built PC that's starting to get a little long in the tooth. I have been thinking about upgrading to a Intel socket 775 quad core actually.

Have you tried to create exclusions for Immunet's Program Files folder with your other security apps? Also, if you haven't done so already, it's advisable to create exclusions with Immunet too for any other security app you're using. Just exclude the entire Program Files folder(s). That's definitely worth a shot Robert.

BTW - check your Personal Messenger feature. I sent you a couple.

Hi Ritchie! I'm new to this forum and am looking forward to helping out as much as I can, and also asking questions that comes to my mind, as well as reporting issues/asking help for issues, if I find/have any!

Why do you recommend excluding the whole Program Files folder(s)? There could be malware installed in this folder which is not found by Immunet, and the other AV's/AntiMalware's won't find it if the folder(s) is excluded.

Regards,

noddeye :-)

Edited by noddeye, 23 July 2017 - 12:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users