23 replies to this topic

#21 khampol

khampol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:45 AM

Hey Ritchie,

I said "SFC.exe run and take me more than 450Mb RAM and still going up"...

And I am pretty sure that is because immunet. I try it several time or different machine, and as soon as i remove immunet the ram consumed is back to normal 120-250mb (its an old windows on a old pc..). Actually i prefer do not install immunet.

ps : for the cpu, no its not used so much compare to ram...

Edited by khampol, 13 May 2017 - 04:47 AM.

#22 oroechimaru

oroechimaru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:52 PM

SFC.exe has the same issues in Windows 10 starting late 2016, possibly due to a Windows update? 

https://www.hardocp....g_its_antivirus

This occurs on a new windows 10 laptop (from December 2016), My older Win10 laptop and my Windows 10 XEON desktop (4ghz!). Each use 10-75% cpu and often a high amount of ram even when idle.... especially in the first 30 minutes after booting up.

The only thing that helped the first laptop in question was to disable clamAV, the cloud AVs integrated in immunet and to add windows defender to the exception list. Is there any logs we could provide to help with this? Many of us love immunet but v5 has been slow for the last 7 months or so. 

On a 4th laptop it made the device 100% unusable (again new christmas laptop)... after uninstalling Immunet the system was fine upon reboot. The pc was completely unusable due to the SFC process in windows 10 x64. 

Windows Defender remains enabled in each case... most AV I believe have a mechanism to disable it... possibly this is a key conflict? It is difficult to tell/test. 

Edited by oroechimaru, 06 June 2017 - 09:07 PM.

#23 ritchie58

ritchie58

Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1,824 posts
  • LocationOil City, Pa. U.S.A.

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:04 AM

I know that Immunet will use a large amount of RAM & CPU processing power when it's pulling down new detection definitions and installing them but this should only be temporary. Once the new defs are installed it should return to normal. If this is not the case you are welcome to submit a Support Diagnostic Tool report to Support. Here's a FAQ topic on how to create & submit a comprehensive SDT report. http://support.immun...ic-tool-report/

BTW - I deleted your post in the Ideas section since it was pretty much a duplicate post.

Best wishes, Ritchie...

P.S. - Other anti-virus vendors besides Kaspersky have complained to Microsoft that it has made Windows 10 incompatible with their current AV software. Did they do it on purpose? Maybe. Just so more people will use Defender instead perhaps. I find that not very cool either! Microsoft's own Security Essentials is not compatible with Win 10 too!

* Immunet Global Forum Moderator *

#24 oroechimaru

oroechimaru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:34 AM

Awesome I will help test when I get some free time. I notcied its worse on newer laptops... By chance when Immunet is installed isnit crawling the machine for days thinking everything is new? Anywho... Will provide better feedback in near feature. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users