5 replies to this topic

#1 hgabi84

hgabi84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:29 PM

Dear Support Team!

I wish to know if there is a solution to use both Immunet with Thunderbird - for example as an extension. I need this for scan attachments when e-mails arriving.

Best Regards,

Gabor

#2 ritchie58

ritchie58

Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1,812 posts
  • LocationOil City, Pa. U.S.A.

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:32 PM

Unfortunately you can't use Immunet like that, just as an extension to scan in-coming packets to your Mozilla Thunderbird email software.

Regards, Ritchie...

* Immunet Global Forum Moderator *

#3 hgabi84

hgabi84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:12 AM

Thanks for the reply.

I just asked because I experienced this with Windows 10 built in Mail application - when e-mail arrived with virus Immunet blocked it succesfully.

#4 ritchie58

ritchie58

Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:24 AM

Hi hgabi84, glad to here that Immunet intercepted a potential malware infection! Cool! Did you open an attachment or click on a link to a suspicious email? That is a well known attack vector that malware authors use.

Always use "extreme caution" when opening any links or attachments to emails that are unsolicited (spam), from an unknown person or from a company or organization that you haven't dealt with recently or at all.

On another note, I used AVG anti-virus years ago. It used to be that you could use AVG just as a browser/email security add-on for Internet Explorer, Firefox & Chrome. Since I haven't used this AV in such a long time I don't know if this feature is still available with the newest builds.

Cheers, Ritchie...

#5 hgabi84

hgabi84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:26 AM

Hi ritchie58!

"Did you open an attachment or click on a link to a suspicious email?" -> No, just the Mail app updated - syncronize - the newest e-mails from the e-mail server and when an e-mail arrived to me I didn't need to do anything and Immunet blocked the attachment inside the e-mail. So I couldn't click to that attachment anymore. :)

I know and using Avira, which has the same as you mentioned with AVG, but it can't block every attachment - it can block attachments from about 10% of spam e-mails.

So because it I had bring here my new idea about Immunet - mainly because as I wrote my great experiences with it.

#6 ritchie58

ritchie58

Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:18 AM

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I was kinda wondering if Immunet detected the malicious code before or after the attachment was launched. So you answered my question there! ;-)

Still, as I mentioned in my last post, it is vitally important to use good judgemental decisions regardless of which email client you use.

Regards, Ritchie...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users