• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:57 AM

Hi Immunet team,

Installed just the other day, and Immunet quarantined two files:

cevakrnl.rv0.upack
cevakrnl.rv0.rpack

Both were from my Bitdefender folder, as per screenshot.

A pop up alert from Immunet described the files as:
Clam.Win.Trojan.Perelett-1

I contacted Bitdefender (with screenshot) and they said was most probably a false positive, to restore the files, then send them a copy of the restored files for confirmation.

However when I tried to restore the files there was an error notice, saying restore failed. Tried a reboot but that made it worse, with the Restore option disappearing entirely from the Quarantine interface.

Is there another way to access and restore the files?

thanks!

Attached Files

#2 ritchie58

ritchie58

Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1,890 posts
  • LocationOil City, Pa. U.S.A.

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:41 AM

If those were just temporary files used to update the malware definitions that could cause the error message you saw since they no longer exist, that's possible. That would also be the cause of no Restore option being available for those files since there's nothing to restore. Did you check the file path in Bitdefender's Program Files folder to see if these files still exist? Immunet also uses temp files when downloading new defs for ClamAV to install.

If you still feel the Quarantine window is not displaying correctly could you also make a screen shot of that maybe? That does concern me a bit.

I would highly recommend, however, you add Bitdefender's whole Program Files folder into Immunet's Exclusion list in Settings. It's also a great idea to add an exclusion/exception/allow rule for Immunet's Program Files folder with Bitdefender. This can really help avoid conflicts between the two programs. If after you create an exclusion with Immunet and you still see Bitdefender's files being flagged as FP's let us know.

Regards, Ritchie...

* Immunet Global Forum Moderator *

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Restore, Error, Bitdefender

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users