3 replies to this topic

#1 sbirdsill

sbirdsill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:04 PM

Hi all,

Does Immunet have an automatic update feature that doesn't require user intervention to install? I looked around in the options and couldn't find anything of relevance. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

#2 ritchie58

ritchie58

Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationOil City, Pa. U.S.A.

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:41 AM

You don't have to necessarily manually update. Immunet will update the ClamAV defs automatically after a few minutes of being launched. That's if you have the ClamAV module & Allow Definition Updates enabled in Settings of course. The ETHOS & SPERO cloud engines you needn't worry about, everything's handled automatically but an active internet connection is required for them. 

However if a new version is available you do have to choose if/when you want to install the new build. That's entirely up to you.

For me the first thing I like to do is run the updater manually just to make sure I got the newest defs installed before I do anything else with my PC, that gives me added peace of mind.

Best wishes, Ritchie...

* Immunet Global Forum Moderator *

#3 RobT

RobT

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:46 PM

Sorry, Immunet version updates have to be done manually.  Our Fireamp enterprise solution  gives you much more control around updates, including version updates  that don't require manual intervention. 

#4 sbirdsill

sbirdsill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:06 PM

Thank you for the responses. I understand it's a free program so I certainly can't complain and don't want to come across as a "feature creep", but I'd like to suggest that an option for automatic updating be added, unless there are some technical reasons as to why that would be a bad idea. Thanks again for your time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users