• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Muse

Muse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:24 PM

Running XP SP3, haven't had difficulties running Immunet since install some months ago but today spotted a quickly disappearing message on startup that Immunet version needed updating. Checked version, clicked "Fix it!" and it said it was starting download. A couple minutes later the box reported that the download had failed and it was trying again. This keeps happening indefinitely. No evident internet problem, I can download my email fine, etc.

------------

Beginning Download
Download Failed.
Retrying
Checking for New Version
Found New Version 6.0.4
Beginning Download
etc.
etc.
etc.

------------

Uninstall/Reinstall?

Edited by Muse, 30 September 2017 - 12:31 PM.

#2 ritchie58

ritchie58

Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1,931 posts
  • LocationOil City, Pa. U.S.A.

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:20 AM

Hello Muse, Immunet 6.0.4 is not compatible with Windows XP, that's the reason for the download not progressing. You can continue to use version 5 with XP however.

One way you can avoid being bothered by update messages is to right click on the Immunet system tray icon and select Hide Tray Icon from the little pop-up context menu after Immunet has launched at boot-up. Another option is to enable Gaming Mode located in the Notification Settings tab in Settings if you still want the tray icon displayed. Either way you will have to do this at every new boot-up. It certainly wasn't my idea to exclude XP & Vista users from the new 6.0 builds.

Regards, Ritchie...

* Immunet Global Forum Moderator *

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users