30 replies to this topic

#21 ritchie58

ritchie58

Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationOil City, Pa. U.S.A.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:07 AM

Sorry to hear you got infected with some sort of malware and1sc! Before you decide to do a re-install of your Operating System why not try "Emsisoft Emergency Kit" which is free to use. It has a good series of tools you can use to rid an already infected machine of malware. I keep a copy of EEK on a USB stick just in case.

It's also completely portable so you can install the program on a USB device without actually installing anything permanent on your PC. This can be very helpful because some types of malware won't let you install any new AV products on your hard drive. This has also proven useful in the past when helping out other people's infected machines. Just grab the USB stick & go to their residence.

The best way to use the Emergency Kit is to use a friend or relitive's uninfected computer, download the kit and install it on a USB device. Then plug in the USB device on your own computer and run the tools necessary to eliminate the malware. Worth a try before you take the drastic measure of re-formatting your OS I think! https://www.emsisoft...n/software/eek/

BYEDUS we don't recommend using any off-line installer package for a previous build of Immunet Protect because of the remote possibility that it may have been maliciously tampered with. Look what happened with CCleaner recently when several off-line installer packages were compromised by hackers! 

* Immunet Global Forum Moderator *

#22 and1sc

and1sc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:56 AM

Sorry to hear you got infected with some sort of malware and1sc! Before you decide to do a re-install of your Operating System why not try "Emsisoft Emergency Kit" which is free to use. It has a good series of tools you can use to rid an already infected machine of malware. I keep a copy of EEK on a USB stick just in case.

It's also completely portable so you can install the program on a USB device without actually installing anything permanent on your PC. This can be very helpful because some types of malware won't let you install any new AV products on your hard drive. This has also proven useful in the past when helping out other people's infected machines. Just grab the USB stick & go to their residence.

The best way to use the Emergency Kit is to use a friend or relitive's uninfected computer, download the kit and install it on a USB device. Then plug in the USB device on your own computer and run the tools necessary to eliminate the malware. Worth a try before you take the drastic measure of re-formatting your OS I think! https://www.emsisoft...n/software/eek/

BYEDUS we don't recommend using any off-line installer package for a previous build of Immunet Protect because of the remote possibility that it may have been maliciously tampered with. Look what happened with CCleaner recently when several off-line installer packages were compromised by hackers! 

Thank you for your suggestion @Richie58, anyway after read your reply to @BYEDUS, I'm decide still run this V6.0.6 and waiting for the update,

I still believe in immunet because long history from 2011 by NORTON former staf created Immunet™ to CISCO revive Immunet to a free version,

Why CICSO do that? because CISCO not a Idiot they know the potential of Immunet, and Immunet one of pioneer of cloud based AV community.

Regards And1SC

#23 BYEDUS

BYEDUS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:44 AM

Version 5.0.2 will restore it from a backup made before installing version 6. I have the original installer of 5.0.2

La version 5.0.2 la restaure de una copia de seguridad hecha antes de instalar la version 6. Tengo el instalador original de la 5.0.2

#24 and1sc

and1sc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:13 PM

Update your Immunet and Problem solved thank you Immunet™

P/S: BTW I cant attach files so I cant show images. Thanks

Edited by and1sc, 17 October 2017 - 01:17 PM.

#25 bcouncil

bcouncil

• Administrators
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:37 PM

Hello everyone, 

I've been notified that the community stats bug has been fixed.

As for a brief explanation, our backend processes for gathering current user and virus count totals were broken and left us with no data to display. Most affected users were likely still connected to the cloud. Additionally,  since Immunet 6 we’ve been enabling  our offline antivirus clamAV engine by default which would have protected users even if the cloud couldn’t be reached.  

Please PM me if you find that this issue is still unresolved in your particular case.  

Thanks for your patience everyone! 

-Christine

• Valnat likes this

#26 tm-107

tm-107

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:50 PM

Yes, the problem is resolved, everything works as it should.

#27 ritchie58

ritchie58

Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:43 AM

"Well, that is a bit of good news!" Glad to see that got resolved and thanks Christine & the Immunet team for working diligently to get this issue fixed, much appreciated by all of us I'm sure!

Cheers, Ritchie...

#28 LGBTinc

LGBTinc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:56 AM

Still happens, this usually happens when a browser or firewall blocks all non-HTTPS connections. It's most likely that the statistics being grabbed from the cloud are not being sent through an HTTPS secure connection, and is most likely being blocked by a browser or firewall. This isn't a problem on your end, it's Immunets inability to provide statistics through an HTTPS secure connection, and should be fixed by Immunet staff.

#29 ritchie58

ritchie58

Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:08 PM

I'm sorry to say that you're rather misguided as to how Immunet Protect works LGBTinc.

The cloud stat issue was an internal server problem (that got successfully resolved) and had nothing to do with the HTTP or HTTPS protocols.

The Hyper Text Transfer Protocol is still widely used by many servers on the web unless you're a company like Amazon, Walmart, eBay, etc... where payment transactions are sent or other sites that require sending sensitive data. For these types of sites the Hyper Text Transfer Protocol with Secure Socket Layer encryption (SSL) is commonly used. Although more sites these days are adopting to use the SSL encryption protocol anyway which is a good thing!

The stats that Immunet pulls down from the cloud for display "does not" rely on which default browser of choice you use.

Once you create allow rules for Immunet's processes (sfc.exe & iptray.exe) with your firewall there shouldn't be any connection issues if they were created correctly. Allowing the ports for both in-coming and out-going data packets for "Immunet's dedicated Windows processes is required!" I hope that clarifies things for you.

Check your firewall settings, allow rules and other security apps you may have installed that may block, sandbox or interfere with Immunet in any way (if applicable) if you think you're having connection issues.

Regards, Ritchie...

#30 LGBTinc

LGBTinc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:09 PM

Alright.

#31 tm-107

tm-107

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:42 PM

@ritchie58: I think he means the problem on the website (immunet.com). For an http connection, members / threats are displayed there (with both fields appearing to contain the same numbers for months). For an https connection, both words are 0.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users