Do I Need It With Other Anti-Malware Products, And Is It Compatible With Them?

norton malwarebytes hitmanpro.alert compatible

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DMA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 December 2017 - 03:12 PM

Howdy all

I'm curious about this product, and if it would be wise/recommended, considering I already run these 3 products...

1. Norton Security

2. Malwarebytes Premium

3. HitmanPro.Alert

Question 1:

Would this product add something important that isn't already well covered by those 3 products?

Question 2:

Would the product even be compatible with those 3 products I run?

Just musing about this, and hoping for some useful feedback.

#2 ritchie58

Staff Member

• Moderators
  • 2,027 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 25 December 2017 - 04:52 AM

Hello Mark, in all honesty you already have a "killer layered security set-up!"

If you also included Immunet I believe that the additional system resources being used really wouldn't be worth the extra cloud protection that Immunet would provide.

Immunet is compatible with Norton (with some tweeking) & Malwarebytes however. HitmanPro is not in the list of supported vendors so I have no other info regarding that AV package.

Happy Holidays, Ritchie...

* Immunet Global Forum Moderator *

#3 DMA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 December 2017 - 11:27 AM

Hi Ritchie

(nod) Yes, I think I do have a well above average home network/PC security setup. In addition to those 3 products, I also use a top-rated router with some expert built-in security (https://www.checkpoi...ity-appliances/), and I use the OpenDNS Prosumer Umbrella Roaming Client to protect/encrypt my DNS traffic. I also use a VPN at times, and run a few browser plugins for additional layers of security.

Despite all that, I still feel a little vulnerable to falling victim to malware. Haha. I don't think I'm paranoid (insert joke here), I'm just fairly aware of the many online dangers, and that there are a lot of clever hackers out there that never sleep.

Thanks for the info, and happy holidays and best wishes for 2018.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users