Betsyfr

Immunet 5.0.2 High Cpu Usage

That's the observation I have seen also. Even while performing a scan Immunet will normally not eat up an excessive amount of CPU cycles. On the other hand, Immunet will use an amount of RAM when it's pulling down new defs for the ClamAV module and installing them. I have seen over 580 megs of RAM used with my Win 7 x64 SP1 machine when the new defs are being installed. Fortunately this is only temporary and I have enough available RAM that this is not an issue for me.

If, however, you're using an older machine with outdated/limited RAM this can be too much as I discovered recently when I updated my friend's PC to version 5. His old Win XP SP3 32bit machine with 1 gig of outdated DDR1 memory simply could not run with Immunet 5 installed. With his other start-up programs there was not enough available RAM. Even some newer tablets or net books may not have enough RAM installed to use immunet too.

Hi All,

This high cpu usage issue is a big problem for me.  I've confirmed that it's the sfc engine that is effectively locking up my system; I've even submitted a screen shot with that task manager page to the support@ email address (also attached).

This has caused me to force reboot my system 3 times so far today.

Please stop denying that the problem exists.  It does exist and it's apparently rampant since this topic is "HOT"

I've offered my assistance to help debug/resolve it (again with support@) but received no response.

post-39787-0-62630700-1499979680_thumb.jpg

I'm not denying the problem exists but I think it really depends on your system configuration and (sometimes) what installed third-party software you're using. If you have a program that's frequently or constantly writing to disk that can cause sfc to scan those files as they are being created which can eat up more CPU cycles than normal. With my installed software & the 2.5 gig dual core CPU hardware overclocked and stable at 3.2 gigs I honestly don't see any of those problem for me anyways.

Sorry to hear that Support has not contacted you regarding your issue Robert, especially since you're eager to help out. That's more than troubling to me too. I have not been getting "any help" on the forum of late so that kinda doesn't surprise me actually!

My best advice would be to contact Support again and tell them you already submitted a Support ticket and got no response. Also mention in your email that you started a new thread to this Support Issues/Defects forum topic.

Best wishes, Ritchie...

My configuration BTW is an i7 2.7Ghz, 32GB of RAM and all SSD running a fully patched Windows 10 OS.  The fact that it makes my system completely inoperable other than seeing my mouse move and repainting windows and toolbars (a half screen at a time) every 5 minutes or so completely blew me away.

This isn't a normal occurrence, but it seems to be happening pretty regularly.  Also, it happens with no notice.  I can be typing away just fine and then all of a sudden everything stops, the mouse starts spinning, and then it's game over.  It's not like what I'm doing is causing additional stress on the system - I'm usually just in a putty session.

I agree it's probably related to some other piece of software I have - I am running some stuff that I could envision might interfere (Windows Defender [MS Security Essentials], Secunia PSI), but no other anti-virus or anti-malware.

I will try to contact support again.  Thanks for being responsive.

You definitely have a killer system there dude! Better than my custom built PC that's starting to get a little long in the tooth. I have been thinking about upgrading to a Intel socket 775 quad core actually.

Have you tried to create exclusions for Immunet's Program Files folder with your other security apps? Also, if you haven't done so already, it's advisable to create exclusions with Immunet too for any other security app you're using. Just exclude the entire Program Files folder(s). That's definitely worth a shot Robert.

BTW - check your Personal Messenger feature. I sent you a couple.

You definitely have a killer system there dude! Better than my custom built PC that's starting to get a little long in the tooth. I have been thinking about upgrading to a Intel socket 775 quad core actually.

Have you tried to create exclusions for Immunet's Program Files folder with your other security apps? Also, if you haven't done so already, it's advisable to create exclusions with Immunet too for any other security app you're using. Just exclude the entire Program Files folder(s). That's definitely worth a shot Robert.

BTW - check your Personal Messenger feature. I sent you a couple.

Hi Ritchie! I'm new to this forum and am looking forward to helping out as much as I can, and also asking questions that comes to my mind, as well as reporting issues/asking help for issues, if I find/have any!

Why do you recommend excluding the whole Program Files folder(s)? There could be malware installed in this folder which is not found by Immunet, and the other AV's/AntiMalware's won't find it if the folder(s) is excluded.

Regards,

noddeye :-)

Edited by noddeye