sbirdsill

Automatic Version Upgrade?

Hi all,

Does Immunet have an automatic update feature that doesn't require user intervention to install? I looked around in the options and couldn't find anything of relevance. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

You don't have to necessarily manually update. Immunet will update the ClamAV defs automatically after a few minutes of being launched. That's if you have the ClamAV module & Allow Definition Updates enabled in Settings of course. The ETHOS & SPERO cloud engines you needn't worry about, everything's handled automatically but an active internet connection is required for them. 

However if a new version is available you do have to choose if/when you want to install the new build. That's entirely up to you.

For me the first thing I like to do is run the updater manually just to make sure I got the newest defs installed before I do anything else with my PC, that gives me added peace of mind.

Best wishes, Ritchie...

Sorry, Immunet version updates have to be done manually.  Our Fireamp enterprise solution  gives you much more control around updates, including version updates  that don't require manual intervention. 

Thank you for the responses. I understand it's a free program so I certainly can't complain and don't want to come across as a "feature creep", but I'd like to suggest that an option for automatic updating be added, unless there are some technical reasons as to why that would be a bad idea. Thanks again for your time!