tm-107

"0 People Protected From 0 Threats" Since Update V6.0.4 -> V6.0.6

"Well, that is a bit of good news!" Glad to see that got resolved and thanks Christine & the Immunet team for working diligently to get this issue fixed, much appreciated by all of us I'm sure!

Cheers, Ritchie...

Still happens, this usually happens when a browser or firewall blocks all non-HTTPS connections. It's most likely that the statistics being grabbed from the cloud are not being sent through an HTTPS secure connection, and is most likely being blocked by a browser or firewall. This isn't a problem on your end, it's Immunets inability to provide statistics through an HTTPS secure connection, and should be fixed by Immunet staff.

I'm sorry to say that you're rather misguided as to how Immunet Protect works LGBTinc.

The cloud stat issue was an internal server problem (that got successfully resolved) and had nothing to do with the HTTP or HTTPS protocols.

The Hyper Text Transfer Protocol is still widely used by many servers on the web unless you're a company like Amazon, Walmart, eBay, etc... where payment transactions are sent or other sites that require sending sensitive data. For these types of sites the Hyper Text Transfer Protocol with Secure Socket Layer encryption (SSL) is commonly used. Although more sites these days are adopting to use the SSL encryption protocol anyway which is a good thing!

The stats that Immunet pulls down from the cloud for display "does not" rely on which default browser of choice you use.

Once you create allow rules for Immunet's processes (sfc.exe & iptray.exe) with your firewall there shouldn't be any connection issues if they were created correctly. Allowing the ports for both in-coming and out-going data packets for "Immunet's dedicated Windows processes is required!" I hope that clarifies things for you.

Check your firewall settings, allow rules and other security apps you may have installed that may block, sandbox or interfere with Immunet in any way (if applicable) if you think you're having connection issues.

Regards, Ritchie...

@ritchie58: I think he means the problem on the website (immunet.com). For an http connection, members / threats are displayed there (with both fields appearing to contain the same numbers for months). For an https connection, both words are 0.

Yeah, I noticed that the other night too hoping that was just a temporary situation! Another server issue would be my guess?

The Last Updated date/time is incorrect on my UI too. I have a scheduled scan set up so I know that the date/time is correct for the Las Scanned information however.

I am having the same problem, so from what I am hearing that I am being protected just that the stats are not working, am I correct with that thinking?

Hi sqwhrill, cloud look ups are still taking place and you should still be getting updates for ClamAV (I have) if you have that enabled so this issue just affects the UI's stats. I don't believe you're loosing any kind of protection. Still rather frustrating considering this is the second time this has happened recently.

No problem sqwhrill. I did notify the Admin. Christine this evening via personal messenger that this cloud stat server issue has reoccurred and is still happening. I'm sure Christine will look into it and get things sorted out again very soon.

Best wishes, Ritchie...

New release, new update, some old problems came back. Shows zero people in cloud and zero count for what we are protected against. Also UPDATED TIME/DATE  is in the future again. The updater says everything is fine.

This happened with the first release of 6.0. I think the update process is bugged. 6.0.8 still has the problem. 6.0 cleared up with reinstall. Pain in the ass. Going to try same with 6.0.8. I have confidence that will do it. I noticed icon showing scans on occasion. Should be quick with zero for comparison. Wink. :D 

I checked reg inquiry for compatibility and the reg change was there. MS updated fine. My system is Acer Aspire w/Win 7 SP1. Running up to date MSE w/Immunet/ClamAV latest release. All engines on.

Good luck and God bless.  :rolleyes:  :D

New release, new update, some old problems came back. Shows zero people in cloud and zero count for what we are protected against. Also UPDATED TIME/DATE  is in the future again. The updater says everything is fine.

This happened with the first release of 6.0. I think the update process is bugged. 6.0.8 still has the problem. 6.0 cleared up with reinstall. Pain in the ass. Going to try same with 6.0.8. I have confidence that will do it. I noticed icon showing scans on occasion. Should be quick with zero for comparison. Wink. :D

I checked reg inquiry for compatibility and the reg change was there. MS updated fine. My system is Acer Aspire w/Win 7 SP1. Running up to date MSE w/Immunet/ClamAV latest release. All engines on.

Good luck and God bless.  :rolleyes:  :D

Uninstalled and reinstalled after restart. Did not change anything. 0 folks, 0 threats and Updated date/time wrong. Will give it a few days and will check back here or on twitter.

Thanks all.

Edited by John_3_16

I have various issues with this latest version, 0 cloud stats, high CPU and my computer stops responding when I let run a full scan. I can only do Flash Scans without risking my computer to freeze. And when it freezes not even CTRL, ALT and DELETE helps, I have to push the power button. Please fix this version, it's full of bugs.

Just chiming in, same thing going on here. Installed late yesterday, updated and got the 0 stats issue right away. Running a full scan right now.

While I do egress filtering at the firewall, netstat output at least seems to indicate the HTTPS connections SFC makes are getting done:

TCP    192.168.1.2:2115       54.209.107.125:443     CLOSE_WAIT
[sfc.exe]
 TCP    192.168.1.2:2119       54.209.107.125:443     CLOSE_WAIT
[sfc.exe]
 TCP    192.168.1.2:2133       54.209.107.125:443     CLOSE_WAIT
[sfc.exe]
 TCP    192.168.1.2:2147       54.86.160.227:443      CLOSE_WAIT
[sfc.exe]
 TCP    192.168.1.2:2173       34.198.105.34:443      ESTABLISHED
[sfc.exe]

Thanks for the input chavez243ca. That shows that cloud look-ups are taking place regardless of the incorrect UI stats. BTW - Tonight I did mention to Christine via PM that it seems to be taking a while to correct this issue this time. It is a little puzzling to me why it's taking so long.

• Like 1

Checking back in, automatic updates working as expected, which is a good sign. 0 Stats behaviour still expressing itself however.

Ditto. Everything seems normal but People/Stats display.

Thanks for the additional input guys. I noticed tonight that the Last Updated date/time is now correct, which has been off by about 5 time zones with my UI. That's in addition to the incorrect cloud stats of course. I hope that's a good sign that this issue is finally being looked into & worked on.

• Like 1

The problem seems to be solved ...

But the information on immunet.com should be removed by somebody. For months (or years?) the same numbers (2,285,427 Members / 33,435,925 Threats). That looks very unprofessional.

I'm seeing a partial fix where now it says 108 million (and change) people protected, but it then says from 0 Threats.

Just did a quick check of my system. It reports over 100 million folks protected from over 300 million threats. Not sure why yours is only half fixed.

GL and God bless. :D