Hi

I have some question. Sorry my English not good....

The ETHOS and SPERO engine still work? First see this threat name(W32.ETHOS and W32.SPERO) is 2010. Now this threat name removed or still work?

And I notice the threat name(Generic.KD and SBX). Free product use Bitdefender engine(Trojan.Generic.KD ) or this result just base on immunet main Engine?

Best regards.

Edited by cdyism
  • Like 1

The ETHOS & SPERO cloud detection trees are enabled and functioning by default when you install Immunet. These should always remain turned on in Settings.

Since version 6.0.0 Immunet has included a "tetra plug-in" that uses a licensed advanced version of Bitdefender's detection engine similar to the TETRA module for the Plus (paid) version of Immunet when it was still available.

Don't forget you also have the ClamAV module that can be enabled for improved efficacy at malware detection. There is a slight system performance trade-off when also using Immunet's ClamAV module but I think it's worth the added protection you get.

I hope this answers your questions adequately.

Best wishes, Ritchie...

The ETHOS & SPERO cloud detection trees are enabled and functioning by default when you install Immunet. These should always remain turned on in Settings.

Since version 6.0.0 Immunet has included a "tetra plug-in" that uses a licensed advanced version of Bitdefender's detection engine similar to the TETRA module for the Plus (paid) version of Immunet when it was still available.

Don't forget you also have the ClamAV module that can be enabled for improved efficacy at malware detection. There is a slight system performance trade-off when also using Immunet's ClamAV module but I think it's worth the added protection you get.

I hope this answers your questions adequately.

Best wishes, Ritchie...

It means the immunet Free use Bitdefender engine help detect?

Yes, the tetra plug-in uses some of Bitdefender's original code but it has been further developed & improved upon.

Yes, the tetra plug-in uses some of Bitdefender's original code but it has been further developed & improved upon.

Thanks your information :) !

The Tetra plug-in combine immunet engine. It means immunet have 4 engine( ETHOS.SPERO.main engine<-no name,but have Tetra plug in. clamAV engine)?

Edited by cdyism

That is correct. With these engines combined gives Immunet the ability to detect literally millions of threats!