Sign in to follow this  
Peppe

Immunet 6.2 option "ask me" problem

From update 6.2 even if enabled the 2 options "quarantine ask me", no window is shown and any detected file is automatically quarantined, without asking, without warning, without showing a warning window.

Let me look into this, and see if I can replicate it.

what OS are you using?

Was this an upgraded from another version of Immunet or a fresh install of 6.2?

Sistem windows 7 64bit

upgraded from (the great 6.0.8) ------  I encountered the problem

unistalled, delete all folders, and cleaned

fresh install ----- I encountered the problem :(

Edited by Peppe

@Wookiee, this is the problem I detailed in my response to the post "Immunet 6.2.0.10768 errors" on September 13th. (See Immunet 6.2.0.10768 Errors By Cipollino). In that post, I list three different ways of reproducing this bug.

In short, at some point, Immunet 6.2 stops asking you, and just silently quarantines detections - despite ensuring "Ask me" is selected in the preferences. Deselecting and reselecting doesn't work - once it stops asking you, it stops for good.

I must stress that quarantine still happens - so users are still protected from malware. It is, however, still (in my opinion) a dangerous situation, but for different reasons (i.e. because false-positives can and do happen).

2 hours ago, Zombunny said:

@Wookiee, this is the problem I detailed in my response to the post "Immunet 6.2.0.10768 errors" on September 13th. (See Immunet 6.2.0.10768 Errors By Cipollino). In that post, I list three different ways of reproducing this bug.

In short, at some point, Immunet 6.2 stops asking you, and just silently quarantines detections - despite ensuring "Ask me" is selected in the preferences. Deselecting and reselecting doesn't work - once it stops asking you, it stops for good.

I must stress that quarantine still happens - so users are still protected from malware. It is, however, still (in my opinion) a dangerous situation, but for different reasons (i.e. because false-positives can and do happen).

Yes, the bug was submitted to dev and I can reproduce it.

2 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Yes, the bug was submitted to dev and I can reproduce it.

Great! I had been worried my original post was waaaay too long so you and the devs wouldn't have time to read it. I just tried to give you all the info I could to help you test/diagnose it on your machines.

On 11/12/2018 at 3:05 PM, Wookiee said:

we are working on a fix, there is no ETA on it as of right now

Take your time, we will wait patiently, we can not do anything else.

On 11/20/2018 at 6:10 AM, Peppe said:

Take your time, we will wait patiently, we can not do anything else.

i mean, it's not hindering your ability to use your computer- and it is being worked on. 

On 11/26/2018 at 5:23 PM, Wookiee said:

i mean, it's not hindering your ability to use your computer- and it is being worked on. 

Please notify us when they will find a solution :)