Immunet Protect is designed to install and work with the AVG Internet Security 9 firewall; however, it is possible that Immunet users may experience "Offline mode" issues due to configuration choices. This Knowledge Base Article will show users how to configure the two products work together as seamlessly as possible.
On This Page
Initial Installation Message
If AVG 9 is being installed on the computer after the installation of Immunet Protect, the Potentially incompatible software message shown below may appear.
This is a default response from AVG that will be triggered by the presence of any other security products that are installed on the host. Immunet does not feel this warning message is warranted. Immunet suggests that users click Skip in order to avoid having Immunet Protect uninstalled.
Most compatibility issues between AVG 9 and Immunet are the result of highly aggressive AVG 9 Firewall settings. AVG 9 does not ship by default with firewall rules that interfere with the functioning of Immunet Protect. However, if the use of AVG 9 with Immunet Protect result in an "Offline" state, users are advised to check the configuration of the AVG Firewall.
AVG 9 Internet Security has a firewall component that controls network traffic to and from the host computer. If Immunet cannot connect to the Internet (in which case, the orb in the lower right-hand corner of the Immunet User Interface will be red), users are advised to remove Immunet from the AVG Firewall and add it back manually. To do so, perform the following steps:
1. Open the AVG User Interface by clicking on the Windows Start button, selecting All Programs, selecting AVG 9.0, and then selecting AVG User Interface.
2. In the AVG Internet Security window, click the Tools menu and then select Firewall settings to open the Firewall Settings window.
3. Look for Immunet Protect in the list of applications.
4. With Immunet selected, click the Delete button (the next step will reinstall Immunet). When prompted, click Yes to confirm the deletion.
5. Click the Add button.
6. Click the ... button, then navigate to the Immunet installation directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\Immunet Proteect\2.0\), then select the agent.exe item, and then click the Open button.
7. Ensure that the Application action is set to Allow for all.
8. Repeat this process for Iptray.exe.
9. Repeat the same process for updater.exe.
9. Click the OK button to close the Firewall Settings window.
10. Click the X in the top right-hand corner of the AVG Internet Security window to close it.
There are no comments to display.