This document provides a solution for:
iTunes sometimes failing to start and displaying the message:
"The iTunes application could not be opened. An unknown error occurred (13014)."
- iTunes launching it's initial setup/music import wizard even though it has been previously completed.
- Rhapsody failing to start.
Adobe Photoshop CS3 & Content Bridge run slowly or displaying this error message on exit:
The Operation could not be completed.
The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.
- Netflix failing to start.
This solution applies to users running:
- Immunet Protect 188.8.131.52.
- 64bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating systems.
Solution 1: Try the Immunet 3.0.1 Beta
A public beta of Immunet 3.0.1 has been released which addresses the above software incompatibilities. If you would like to participate the beta can be obtained from:
Solution 2: Enable Blocking Mode
Blocking Mode prevents applications from being installed on your computer until they have been scanned and determined to be safe. Enabling this setting fixes various issues with the programs listed above and will provide you with broader Anti-virus coverage, however it also incurs a slight performance decrease when installing new programs:
1) Open the Immunet Protect interface and select Settings:
2) Now change Blocking Mode to On:
3) Click Apply to save your changes before closing the settings dialog: