Sikem

Autoit False Positives

I was testing upgrading our AV from ClamAV 1.0.26 to Immunet 3.0 for my organization (approx. 150 users). However, it now detects all our scripts created with AutoIT as malware. Is there a workaround other than creating an exception for each and every script?

Hi Sikem, I'm looking into this to see if we can find a way to mark your autoIT scripts as clean in the cloud. Just so I'm clear though - your seeing Immunet detect your *scripts* as malicious, not the autoit application itself? Can you tell me what version of autoit your using, and would you mind sending me an example of one of your scripts to support@immunet.com with the subject "For RobT - forum thread 1171"?

In the mean time, the quickest remediation I can think of would be to add a filetype exclusion to exclude *.au3 (i.e. all autoit scripts).

Thanks for the help, Rob.

Just to clarify, we compile our autoit scripts. And it is the .exe files that are quarantined. We are using Autoit v3. I will send you a script now to your e-mail.