Hi. 
My spare computer, which I use for offline work presently, is a Dell Plll Desktop with Windows XP.
I used it when Immunet was version 3. Will the current version of Immunet work with XP? It is a 
600 mHz processor with 768 RAM, so I know I'm pushing it. It would only be used temporarily, in
emergencies.

Immunet hasn't supported XP for some time now as you're aware of. Any older builds of Immunet that was compatible with XP (both 32 & 64bit) will no longer work even if you have it already installed or have or some (very questionable) old, off-line installer package.

The servers will not process these types of connection requests to the cloud. 

Here is a link to the official home page where you can view the requirements needed to use Immunet. https://www.immunet.com/index

Regards, Ritchie... 

Although Immunet won't work there are a few AV solutions that will actually still work with XP. Some are free, some not. 

Here's a link you might find useful from the folks at WindowsReport.

https://windowsreport.com/antivirus-windows-xp-service-pack-3/#:~:text=BullGuard%2C Panda Security Cloud Antivirus Free%2C Kaspersky Lab%2C,free%2C while others come with a price tag.

Having an AV that will provide virus protection is one thing but keep in mind that there exists security vulnerabilities with the XP OS itself that no AV can protect you from.

For that reason, you might want to seriously consider not using your back-up computer for 'any on-line usage' especially any on-line banking or shopping where you have to submit sensitive data.

That's my suggestion for what it's worth.

Cheers, Ritchie...