Pedersen

Yours Security Setup.

I would like to know what people are using of programs and options to make their pc secure.

This would could help us to define what we need to do with the free version later on ;)

General

Windows XP, Vista and 7 desktops, laptops and VMs in my area (at work)

• Sophos Endpoint Security and Control 9 (not 9.5), often with HIPS runtime behavior analysis preset (by the preconfigured installer) to actively quarantine items (not merely alert)
  • where Sophos is not used, I usually see Kaspersky

Ubuntu machines and VMs

ClamAV-based products.

Mac OS X 10.5.8 and 10.6.4 desktops and laptops in my area

My laptop running Mac OS X 10.6.4

• ClamXav
  • ClamXav Sentry configured to scan ~/Library/Mail and subdirectories
  • ProtectMac AntiVirus (ClamAV-based and expressly compatible with ClamXav).

(For my own computer, I avoid Sophos Anti-Virus.)

Edited by Graham Perrin

See my signature below!

Cheers,

sweidre

Due to hardware failure I will in the coming weeks change hardwares & softwares. See changes in my Signature below!

Cheers,

sweidre

Guest Mature

well..I used to use HIPS kind software like Malware Defender/Real-Time Defender Professional/EQsyssecure and Sandboxie

Now i just use Qihoo360 safe defender and Immuent Free

Cheers

Mature

Guest Orlando

well..I used to use HIPS kind software like Malware Defender/Real-Time Defender Professional/EQsyssecure and Sandboxie

Now i just use Qihoo360 safe defender and Immuent Free

Cheers

Mature

I found an interesting discussion about Qihoo360 safe defender and many speak of it as fraud (I for one think so, not as a rogue, but as harmful), read here: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/archive/index.php/t-261312.html and tell me what you think, it is just born and is still early to talk, I will not install on my personal PC, but on a VM. McAfee Site Advisor detects site as unsafe and wot users have given a negative assessment to it. I'll try to find something more in the coming days.

Regards,

Orlando

Guest Mature

I found an interesting discussion about Qihoo360 safe defender and many speak of it as fraud (I for one think so, not as a rogue, but as harmful), read here: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/archive/index.php/t-261312.html and tell me what you think, it is just born and is still early to talk, I will not install on my personal PC, but on a VM. McAfee Site Advisor detects site as unsafe and wot users have given a negative assessment to it. I'll try to find something more in the coming days.

Regards,

Orlando

That's interesting...i don't know there are so many negative assessments and guessing out of China.

About the thread:

first the thread was post nearly a year ago when 360 AV just published,people will have doubts and guessing for sure.

Second about those "rogue" and "harmful" warn,i think they are either mistakes or a kind of Competitive Method between security companies.

For your information,Qihoo360 did build up from a kind of rogue software named "3721" yeas ago,so when 360safe defender just come out,people hardly trust it and make many negative assessments of this product,but Qihoo360 made it through and now has more than three hundred million of users in China becomes the first popular security software within a few years.

More information,Qihoo360 has two main products----360Anti-virus which OEM Bitdefender which now has proactive protection/Cloud/Heuristic,another is 360safe defender which is the featured product of Qihoo360.I'm using the latter which has proactive protection/Cloud/Heuristic.From the rate of killing threats we can see not many differences.

360safe defender has many other optimize/fix/software manager functions so i choose it.

Anyway there are many things of Qihoo360 to say about its effectivity and all the negative assessments are still going on,but Qihoo360 uses their products to give people a great answer.

Regards,

Mature

Guest Orlando

That's interesting...i don't know there are so many negative assessments and guessing out of China.

About the thread:

first the thread was post nearly a year ago when 360 AV just published,people will have doubts and guessing for sure.

Second about those "rogue" and "harmful" warn,i think they are either mistakes or a kind of Competitive Method between security companies.

For your information,Qihoo360 did build up from a kind of rogue software named "3721" yeas ago,so when 360safe defender just come out,people hardly trust it and make many negative assessments of this product,but Qihoo360 made it through and now has more than three hundred million of users in China becomes the first popular security software within a few years.

More information,Qihoo360 has two main products----360Anti-virus which OEM Bitdefender which now has proactive protection/Cloud/Heuristic,another is 360safe defender which is the featured product of Qihoo360.I'm using the latter which has proactive protection/Cloud/Heuristic.From the rate of killing threats we can see not many differences.

360safe defender has many other optimize/fix/software manager functions so i choose it.

Anyway there are many things of Qihoo360 to say about its effectivity and all the negative assessments are still going on,but Qihoo360 uses their products to give people a great answer.

Regards,

Mature

I have not experienced yet and therefore I can't give you a detailed answer, I'm ready virtual machine, Qihoo360 will be one of the first products suspected of meters (wait for the English version, is now only in Chinese). And then I'll give my opinion and technical staff. For now I am wary of free programs offering signatures and engines other paid programs. I advise extreme caution until there is a good and serious guide, maybe it will be a great program, now I can not say, without having experienced.

Regards,

Orlando

Guest Mature

I have not experienced yet and therefore I can't give you a detailed answer, I'm ready virtual machine, Qihoo360 will be one of the first products suspected of meters (wait for the English version, is now only in Chinese). And then I'll give my opinion and technical staff. For now I am wary of free programs offering signatures and engines other paid programs. I advise extreme caution until there is a good and serious guide, maybe it will be a great program, now I can not say, without having experienced.

Regards,

Orlando

Well i'm Chinese and i'm telling you Qihoo360 is safe,Qihoo360 also entrusted their source code to CNITSEC,and since more than three hundred million of users,we can basically trust it.

And maybe you can google about "mj0011" the chief software engineer of 360safe,he and his team have the technology to write good software they don't need to use illegal methods.

Go by many tests of AV killing rates Qihoo360 performs good.

Guest Orlando

Well i'm Chinese and i'm telling you Qihoo360 is safe,Qihoo360 also entrusted their source code to CNITSEC,and since more than three hundred million of users,we can basically trust it.

And maybe you can google about "mj0011" the chief software engineer of 360safe,he and his team have the technology to write good software they don't need to use illegal methods.

Go by many tests of AV killing rates Qihoo360 performs good.

Thanks for your reply, I will check personally.

Orlando

Windows 7 home premium 64bit. Security software for now,Immunet protect 2.0 plus, windows firewall, windows defender, MBAM on demand and common sense!

Hi Pedersen,

Finally I have setup my new computer as shown below. I have not solved the VPN issue yet!

Cheers,

sweidre

Hardware firewall: router (airties)

Software firewall: PC tools firewall plus 6.0.0.88

antivirus: avast free 5.5.677 +

immunet protect free 2.0.16.38

browser: mozzila with:

WOT addon+ add block plus addon + no script addon

+immunization of search & destroy

DNS: Clearcloud dns

bolzano_1989 >

I just clicked your links, to have a look, but they only initiate a download, after trying to get to the main url a few times I gave up.

Windows XP - sp3

AMD Sempron 2600+

1.5 gig ram

128mb video card

3G internet connection

opera 11 (RC1)

bolzano_1989 >

I just clicked your links, to have a look, but they only initiate a download, after trying to get to the main url a few times I gave up.

ok, found it here... I presume, I have not tried this software...

http://cmc-informati...e.informer.com/

I guess the right link is this LINK and if I'm not wrong the web page is only in Vietnamese.

• Like 1

I guess the right link is this LINK and if I'm not wrong the web page is only in Vietnamese.

You true but the installer contain English language (as default language), you can download FREE version here

They also provide Web threats statistic at this page

Since I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit from XP Pro 32bit I'm now using (active upon startup) : Windows 7 Firewall, Windows 7 Firewall Control 4.0, Windows Defender, Panda Cloud Antivirus Pro 1.3, Immunet Protect Free 2.0.17. Other anti-malware tools are listed in my signature.

Realtime

Comodo Internet Security 5.0

Malewarebytes Pro

ClearCloud

Immunent Protect (Free)

Zemana AntiLogger

OnDemand

Emsisoft Emergency kit

F-Secure backlight

ESET Online Scanner

I also use Sandboxie.

Pete

Well employee and not using Immunet, but yes....

Win7 64bit

SEHOP - EMET (MAX) - Admin account - etc.

Realtime:

No Autorun

Sandboxie (Every net application)

WinPatrol Pro (Hips)

LnS Firewall + Win7 firewall (Advanced rules)

On Demand:

Hitman Pro

Shadowdefender (When playing with malwares)

Light, secure and running nice together!

Only doing this cause I know how to safely playing with malware and I was crashing my computer each time I played with malwares because I forgot to turn off my AV (normally about 100gb malware at the time)

I am using Windows 7 32bit: Realtime protection; Microsoft security essentials, Immunet 2.0 Plus, and Windows firewall. On demand; Malwarebytes Pro, Webroot Spysweeper, and ASO System Protector. I am thinking about taking ClearCloud DNS for a spin as well. I had been using KIS2010&2011, however I was never happy with the system slowdown. Using MSE and IMP 2.0 Plus combined runs excellent together.