alfred

Browser Protection

Browser protection must work in any browser because for IE and Firefox are more software that provides protection so „not a big deal”. For other browsers users are very few (i know only Prevx but now Webroot bought it to integrate cloud technology into their products so....; and WOT for Opera as extensions (only for Opera 11) therefore can be „a big deal”, decisive argument in the use of Immunet. It is a market big enough not to be neglected (only Opera have +40 million users).

The user must have the possibility to not use this protection and not take into account the suggestion made.

Protection must also be for Immunet free.

I find it encouraging that this thread was begun last June and the toolbar thingee still has not been adopted. I hope that it never is.

Obviously, I am voting AGAINST the toolbar as presented thus far. If such a toolbar is adopted on some future date PLEASE make it optional or I will have to sadly bid farewell to any possibility of buying a license for Immunet.

The only add-on I permit while browsing (other than an AV & FW) is SafeOnline (SOL). If Immunet ever offers SOL-type protection against keyloggers & drive-bys & browser hi-jacks I will pay extra for it in a heartbeat.

For those using drive imaging software, a malware infection is a minor inconvenience, but a keylogger is downright disastrous.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S. I am now on my 1st of 14 days of trialing Immunet Pro. Thus far I am very impressed by all aspects of Immunet other than the gadfly who represents it on the Wilders forum. Immunet is exceptionally easy on resources. Gets along nicely with my other security apps. Scans aggressively & reasonably fast. Seems to have sufficient bandwidth for a cloud-based AV. Very straightforward GUI.

Name: Immunet Web Guard for immunet user or ....... Web Shield .....

Name: ClamAV Web Guard for ClamAV user or .......... Web Shield ........

like as Add-on for browsers, not toolbar

must show a website, Also there should be shown a Symbol and Text like "Blocked by Immunet/ClamAV ... and why is it blocked" or "Protected by Immunet/ClamAV ... and why is it blocked"

Links should have a Symbol to show their are save or bad like a linkscanner

a good example is the "GData WebFilter" ... it is not a toolbar it is an Add-on ... see the image and link

http://www.theimghost.com/images/44Chipvirus.bmp

3p5jkwlzivv.jpg

Hi,

Toolbars seem to be a feature of the past already!:angry: Google Chrome is the first browser to avoid toolbars completely to give more space left on the screen! It seems, that the tendency is that other browsers are following suit, because Chrome has got a great acceptance after an extremely fast development!;) Let see, what Firefox will come up with! I think, that even Firefox is rethinking the toolbar issue!dry.gif

IE is also cleaning up a bit (see Win 7)! Opera is the odd man out, and its development is not able easy to guess!:wacko:

Many extentions as toolbars will often slow the speed of browsing!

Cheers,

sweidre

Guest Immunet Internet Security

What's preventing IMMUNET from adding Firewall & Anti-spyware to have complete Internet Security?-JOHN

Guest Orlando

Maybe you look into partnering with Clearcloud in providing brower protection from bad urls (blacklisted).

I believe that this is not possible because it's a part of Sunbelt Software.

Orlando

Hi,

Toolbars & Extensions are in general slowing down a browser! But, if Immunet can develop a real light-weight extension, that will act as a link advisor when browsing or hovering over a link for all the major browsers (IE, FF, Chrome, & Opera), all users will benefit of the extra security & Immunet as a product & company brand will get really official credits! (Provided, of course, that the number of false postives will be kept at a real minimum!)

Cheers,

sweidre