SCAN - FAILED

Venjill

My exclusions always include Quarantine folders for the other scanners. Not blanket exclusions for all items for each scanner because that would be an easy choice for a "bad actor".

I also looked at the "C:\Program Files\Immunet\7.4.4.20633\sfc.exe.log" which is full of error reports with some as information only and a few forcing an exit. Many entries I do not understand because they are comments that a file does not exist but I checked a few and they existed. I use Win 10 Pro 64 bit so maybe errors are from 32 bit or non-pro.

If you are using Windows 10 please tell me your Dates Created and Modified for the following which were referenced in Event Logs.:

• C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll   Created & Modified 03/30/21   
  • C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ ucrtbase.dll   Created & Modified 02/17/21

• 2 weeks later...

Had to catch a plane Wed.Nov 10 and did not have time to make a report. Both ClamAV Engine and Update were set to "OFF" and the can failed at a similar time.

I do not set complete AV scanner folders to be skipped because that would be an easy choice for bad guys to place a virus but I do have each scanner set to ignore the other's quarantine folders.

I am going to try and narrow down the error by using File Exclusions of big chunks of data. My C:\ is an SSD with a 1TB spinner split into D:\ and F:\. Next scan will have F:\ excluded. I note that all other exclusions are on C:\.

Sorry to hear you're still having scanning problems ebloch!

Great idea! I hope your experiment can narrow down which drive may be causing the issue.

BTW, there is a new 7.5.0 build you can install. You should get the update pushed to you through the UI but here is the download URL if you want to download the installer & manually update yourself.

https://download.immunet.com/binaries/immunet/bin/ImmunetSetup.exe

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/08 ran with ClamAV off and no "big" exclusions for F:\ or D:\. and resulted in error after about 131 min.

When I added an SSD C:\ as boot (Jan 11, 2010 Win 7 Home) the old C:\ was changed to F:\ . Last year I upgraded to Win 10 Pro as a "fresh" system and then reinstalled all programs. Since then I have deleted all old Windows remnants from F:\ that Windows would allow me to. Even though old and unused many Windows 7 files could not be deleted. Immunet did not have problems until recently but I decided to "bite the bullet" and clean up F:\. I copied data files and folders to C:\, quick reformatted F:\, and copied the files back to F:\ which now has 189 GB used and 269 GB free.

On 12/15 same settings as 12/08 but after above reformat and resulted in NO error after about 131 min. scan.

This result is confusing compared to previous scans with exclusions but one good result so time and more runs will tell. Next will be a repeat and if no errors will try with ClamAV On.

• 1 month later...

Investigating further and six additional runs:

I found that my batch, which runs Immunet unattended, was reporting an erroneous scan time which is now 62-72 min for last four scans.

For the last nine scans it appears that Immunet reports "Your scan has failed to complete. An error has occurred." only when there is at least one item quarantined.

Results:    Normal Completion 3     Error with 1 quarantine: 4     Error with 2 quarantines: 2