HexaPro

64.exe c64.exe service.exe in C:\Windows

These .exe keep showing up in (C:\Windows) on Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter even after manual deletion. I think it's a miner, it also create .xml and .exe in (C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5) and also in (C:\Windows\Fonts\Mysql) that I can't access.

You can submit the files to us for review on immunet.com. If they are found to be malicious, we will write detection for them

If you can provide the SHA's of the files, I can look at them quicker,- though not necessarily.

The problem with most rootkits is that they generally use some sort of advanced encryption method which usually makes 'em hard to detect let alone access & read.

So it wouldn't surprise me if HexaPro was unable to submit any SHA256 or MD5 checksum(s) hash tag(s).

Besides Immunet it never hurts to have an additional on-demand rootkit scanner at your disposal! Speaking of such...

Malwarebytes has a new beta "CMD based on-demand rootkit scanner" available that looks rather promising.

They're also looking for beta testers with (preferably) virtual test rigs for anyone that's into that sort of thing.

As with any beta software please read the legal Disclaimer documentation carefully before use.

Not 100% sure if it's compatible with Server 2008 R2 however. https://www.malwarebytes.com/antirootkit/

On 3/14/2019 at 8:59 AM, HexaPro said:

These .exe keep showing up in (C:\Windows) on Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter even after manual deletion. I think it's a miner, it also create .xml and .exe in (C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5) and also in (C:\Windows\Fonts\Mysql) that I can't access.

You can try to upload the two files on Virustotal and check the results from different AVs

https://www.virustotal.com/#/home/upload

• Like 1