ritchie58

Panda Cloud Update File Quarantined

When trying to update my Panda Cloud Antivirus Pro from 1.1.2 to version 1.3 I could not get a full install because IMP was quarantining C:\Documents and Settings\Ritchie\Local Settings\Temp\RarSFX\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Cloud Antivirus\Cache\0x1000000D Detection name of: MemScan: Generic.4697781 Adding the file to the exclusion list didn't work either because the install file would change to RarSFX0 or RarSFX1 etc. Since Panda uses a bootstrapper installer I had to exit out of and disable IMP as a start up program, reboot and then run the installer which requires a restart. That's when Immunet would quarantine the file on restart. After I did that everything went smoothly. I have had some serious compatibly issues with the free trial of Immunet Plus. The free version seemed to work seamlessly with Panda Cloud. I know it has to do with the other detection engines not found with the free version. I appreciate the opportunity to test drive the Plus version but I don't think I would opt to purchase the Plus version at this time because of this. On another note I would have thought that after the trial ended the program would just revert back to the free version but that wasn't the case. I had to uninstall the Plus version and then reinstall the free version again to have access to the GUI. Not a major hassle but a minor inconvenience.