Malware Check

Possible Google Chrome False Positive

It will be sorted out Chris this is actually important. For now search chrome at google and update by the installer downloaded.

BTW when did it happened to you chris?

Hey Guys

I am also having this problem

This is a Google Chrome Update file

I can't update Google Chrome as a result

This happened to me too (today, July 5, 16:40). It is the Chrome Updater.

Hello all, Just got an alert that Chrome_updater.exe is infected. Infection name: is blank. Please advise on what to do. I see this has happened in the past. It's happening again.

I tried to upload the file to the forum but attachment is reported to be too bog. size is 1.4MB

toast.....

Guest Orlando

Hello all, Just got an alert that Chrome_updater.exe is infected. Infection name: is blank. Please advise on what to do. I see this has happened in the past. It's happening again.

I tried to upload the file to the forum but attachment is reported to be too bog. size is 1.4MB

toast.....

Send the file to support@immunet.com with your problem, please include a screenshot if possible of what happened.

Regards,

Orlando

Send the file to support@immunet.com with your problem, please include a screenshot if possible of what happened.

Regards,

Orlando

email sent with screen shot and suspect file.

email sent with screen shot and suspect file.

Should have been addressed now. I am not sure what that conviction was but it's white listed now.

al

Al,

If you were Norton or McAfee or Avast

I would have screamed at you and this news would have made into most websites because Google Chrome is a popular product and finding a lot of false positives with any popular product will just tarnish your image.

:P

Al,

If you were Norton or McAfee or Avast

I would have screamed at you and this news would have made into most websites because Google Chrome is a popular product and finding a lot of false positives with any popular product will just tarnish your image.

:P

What can I say? FP's are a reality in this business. I wish it were otherwise but frankly if you want to protect people with generic detections you're going to make some mistakes along the way. Frankly I would rather apologize for a something I mis-detected than a real threat we missed which resulted in an infection and a subsequent identity theft.

al

I don't think this is just an immunet issue. I was trialing BluePoint Security a while back and it always reported that the chrome updater was malicious. They had to whitelist it as well.