GeekyDaddy

Cannot connect to update Servers Error 503

Ok. I finally managed to reinstall it. Had to run regedit.exe and delete almost everything that had immunet in it. I found old version keys too. After that did a new installation version 7. After that did a normal uninstall again just to clear all files and services in normal procedure.

I can say that a file was still there in system32/drivers/

Restart and running again installation. Now it works ok.

Only problem is that it doesn't seem to download clamav signatures and in current version it's not showing date as it should.

I had disabled this in last version cause it's a tablet laptop and it used to eat up too much cpu power and battery also.

I will give it a try tomorrow but I think I am going to disable clamav.

That's all... There should be a tool for clean uninstall...

That's something we don't normally advocate is a user mucking about with the registry keys. If you delete the wrong registry entries that can definitely have undesirable consequences, not only for Immunet but perhaps for your OS as well.

Your idea of a comprehensive removal tool for Immunet has merit in my opinion, just in case something goes wrong with the normal uninstall procedure.

On 10/9/2019 at 5:03 PM, Aris said:

the file that i cannot delete is damsicom64.dll 

This file might be loaded in a PowerShell process. A reboot and attempt to remove the file again should work. If it still presents a problem, the registry entry for the dll needs to be removed and attempt repeated again.

I am a new User and have no idea if this is helpful but just in case...

I could not download the installer. It kept telling me there was an internet problem. So I saw this thread and tried the links posted above. Couldn't reach the https://sourcefire-apps.s3.amazonaws.com link. So after some investigating, I found out it was a Mozilla/Firefox problem. I changed my default browser in Windows to IE and boom, it worked. 

Hope this helps someone.

Sidebar:  Hey ritchie58!  Glad to see you're still active and kickin'.

Installed 7.0.2 today on Win10 Pro 1903 build 18362.418.

I'm getting the error 503 exactly as shown in the screen shot in GeekyDaddy's OP.

I did have v6.2.4.10819 running for a short while back in December or January, if I remember correctly.  It was uninstalled with Revo Pro using its most aggressive cleanup scans.

That this 503 error has been an issue for two and a half months isn't very assuring.

FWIW & FYI: results for Rob.Turner's quick trouble shooting test:
1)
Version: 5.4.2019103021
Build Version: 16992faf6966a6e88c49f3e0e4336c585bcda89d
2)
XML text rendered as expected
3)
Dialogue for installer...Disabled.exe
4)
Dialogue for consumer...0.9.3.exe

Hey dallas7, glad to here from you again too! Just wish it was under different circumstances.

Glad to hear you received no errors today!  Rest assured these 503 errors don't have anything to do with your browser of choice or your OS. It's a problem on the server side of things that I thought had been looked into & fixed.

Let us know if you continue to encounter any more error codes.

Best wishes, Ritchie...

Hey ritchie58...

What I  meant by (error 0) is that what was reported in that little Immunet Updater windows instead of (error 503).  Not that there were no more errors and I should have been more detailed than that.  Sorry.

However, today all I see is "Immunet is Up to Date."  No (error anything ) !   Server side issue resolved it seems.  I'll keep any eye on it.

Later!

• Like 1

I guess I owe an apology actually. I thought, erroneously, you were getting no more error codes. In all honesty I've never heard of or seen a 0 error code before!  Can't even find anything relevant on the web regarding this. Weird!

Yeah, let us know if you encounter any more anomalous errors.

Cheers, Ritchie...