GeekyDaddy

Cannot connect to update Servers Error 503

Ok. I finally managed to reinstall it. Had to run regedit.exe and delete almost everything that had immunet in it. I found old version keys too. After that did a new installation version 7. After that did a normal uninstall again just to clear all files and services in normal procedure.

I can say that a file was still there in system32/drivers/

Restart and running again installation. Now it works ok.

Only problem is that it doesn't seem to download clamav signatures and in current version it's not showing date as it should.

I had disabled this in last version cause it's a tablet laptop and it used to eat up too much cpu power and battery also.

I will give it a try tomorrow but I think I am going to disable clamav.

That's all... There should be a tool for clean uninstall...

That's something we don't normally advocate is a user mucking about with the registry keys. If you delete the wrong registry entries that can definitely have undesirable consequences, not only for Immunet but perhaps for your OS as well.

Your idea of a comprehensive removal tool for Immunet has merit in my opinion, just in case something goes wrong with the normal uninstall procedure.

On 10/9/2019 at 5:03 PM, Aris said:

the file that i cannot delete is damsicom64.dll 

This file might be loaded in a PowerShell process. A reboot and attempt to remove the file again should work. If it still presents a problem, the registry entry for the dll needs to be removed and attempt repeated again.

I am a new User and have no idea if this is helpful but just in case...

I could not download the installer. It kept telling me there was an internet problem. So I saw this thread and tried the links posted above. Couldn't reach the https://sourcefire-apps.s3.amazonaws.com link. So after some investigating, I found out it was a Mozilla/Firefox problem. I changed my default browser in Windows to IE and boom, it worked. 

Hope this helps someone.

• Like 1

Sidebar:  Hey ritchie58!  Glad to see you're still active and kickin'.

Installed 7.0.2 today on Win10 Pro 1903 build 18362.418.

I'm getting the error 503 exactly as shown in the screen shot in GeekyDaddy's OP.

I did have v6.2.4.10819 running for a short while back in December or January, if I remember correctly.  It was uninstalled with Revo Pro using its most aggressive cleanup scans.

That this 503 error has been an issue for two and a half months isn't very assuring.

FWIW & FYI: results for Rob.Turner's quick trouble shooting test:
1)
Version: 5.4.2019103021
Build Version: 16992faf6966a6e88c49f3e0e4336c585bcda89d
2)
XML text rendered as expected
3)
Dialogue for installer...Disabled.exe
4)
Dialogue for consumer...0.9.3.exe

Hey dallas7, glad to here from you again too! Just wish it was under different circumstances.

Glad to hear you received no errors today!  Rest assured these 503 errors don't have anything to do with your browser of choice or your OS. It's a problem on the server side of things that I thought had been looked into & fixed.

Let us know if you continue to encounter any more error codes.

Best wishes, Ritchie...

Hey ritchie58...

What I  meant by (error 0) is that what was reported in that little Immunet Updater windows instead of (error 503).  Not that there were no more errors and I should have been more detailed than that.  Sorry.

However, today all I see is "Immunet is Up to Date."  No (error anything ) !   Server side issue resolved it seems.  I'll keep any eye on it.

Later!

• Like 1

I guess I owe an apology actually. I thought, erroneously, you were getting no more error codes. In all honesty I've never heard of or seen a 0 error code before!  Can't even find anything relevant on the web regarding this. Weird!

Yeah, let us know if you encounter any more anomalous errors.

Cheers, Ritchie...

Same error

3 computer different network

no firewall. 

inmunet 7.0.2.11454

windows   Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Versión    10.0.18363 compilación 18363

after windows update?

image.png.a8c41323cbbe96245585998c8cb3c3b8.png

1)Status: Alive

Version: 5.4.2019112800

Build Version: 1fb5a94213b79abbff08bd3ae11c86db0b1248c7

2) download file

3)download file

Edited by juangnu

On 11/30/2019 at 11:22 PM, ritchie58 said:

Hello juangnu,

Did that 503 error start to occur after you installed a Windows 10 update? Is that correct?

So it seems. In all the Windows 10 computers that I have after an update, that seems to happen.

Thank you for reporting this juangnu, the screenshots were a great idea!

Do you have an idea which Windows update is the culprit (KB?)?

I will personally contact Administration right away regarding this. We do take any conflict with any Windows update very seriously!

Regards, Ritchie...

I'm having a similar issue after doing the 1909 update to Win 10.....

image.png.50424517b10dc601f6ed705f1e8d91f3.png

image.png.c3294448d69338768eeacd9512b202b3.png

However another Win10 machine that is still on 1903 works fine....

image.png.cf35aa70fdb4c740a408aa9c86b8add8.png

image.png.de442e053e36d7e3edb07e5bd12044c7.png

Hi pjline5,

Sorry to hear you're also encountering this 503 error. It sounds like you encountered the same version 1909 issue as juangnu did. Hopefully a admin or dev will read these new threads to this topic and decide to look into this.

If no one else responds to your issue within a reasonable amount of time I'll take steps to see if I can make people aware of this seemingly continuing situation.

Regards, Ritchie...

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED - 503 ERROR

I am a VERY early Immunet user (since original beta days) and have never had significant problems with it till this stupid 503 error which appears to be ignored by current personnel.

IS ANYONE THERE? HELLO?

I was told that most likely it's caused by the updater not being able to properly connect to the server because of something the user has installed that's blocking or interfering with that process. However, with the continuing complaints regarding this 503 error issue I'm not so sure that's what's transpiring myself either.

I would suggest you send the Admin. Rob. Turner a PM and personally voice your issue to him that way. Just click on the Message button to send Rob a PM. https://support.immunet.com/profile/1703-robturner/

BTW, I do remember you as an old-school member! Not trying to change the subject but why didn't you log into your previous forum account instead of creating a new one? Did you have difficulties/problems trying to access it? If so, or if it's a matter of just not remembering the proper log in credentials give me a PM and I can look into that for you.

Best wishes, Ritchie...

Just stopped in to see what condition this 503 condition is in.  I'll try and drop Rob a PM soon.

For those pointing to Windows 10 1909 as the culprit... While your observations and reports are accurate, this 503 issue was first reported on August 27 by the OP,  GeekDaddy.  That was two and half months before 1909 rolled out on November 12.

I observed the issue on Windows 7 as well as 10 1903.  Even though for a while, no 503s.  As the 503 eventually appeared all by itself and didn't go away, the issue is clearly on the Immunet side, not because of something the user has installed.  I suspect the server looses track of whatever authentication is used by the client, or the client authentication itself gets irrevocably corrupted.

Cheers.

6 hours ago, dallas7 said:

Just stopped in to see what condition this 503 condition is in.  I'll try and drop Rob a PM soon.

The very same as always. Cannot update Immunet. 503. Very disappointed that no-one at Cisco/Immunet is prepared to do anything about it.

On 2/15/2020 at 8:47 PM, ritchie58 said:

BTW, I do remember you as an old-school member! Not trying to change the subject but why didn't you log into your previous forum account instead of creating a new one? Did you have difficulties/problems trying to access it? If so, or if it's a matter of just not remembering the proper log in credentials give me a PM and I can look into that for you.

You are correct. Couldn't login in on old user id. It'd be great if you could help with that. 👍

Hey guys,

"I too wish something can be done to end these 503 error messages that users are still encountering once & for all!" I can see why someone might get a little frustrated as this issue seemingly continues to go unresolved unfortunately.

It makes me wonder if Immunet's update server is being overloaded with requests at times causing this error. Does Immunet need a faster/improved update server that can handle more traffic?

CAVU, Rob or myself will send you a PM regarding your old log in credentials if they can be retrieved.

• Thanks 1

Sorry all, I haven't been  able to reproduce the 503 error on any version of windows 10 so all I have to offer is some troubleshooting steps for it's most likly causes.  By any chance Is anyone on this thread seeing this error from somewhere outside north America?

If you are seeing the 503 error please verify you can at least:

1)  ping clamav.net        should output something similar to:
Pinging clamav.net [198.148.79.54] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 198.148.79.54: bytes=32 time=80ms TTL=128

2) browse to update.immunet.com --> It's just a blank page with nothing to see. The important thing is you don't get any "page not found"/403/503/unreachable error messages.

3) browse to http://database.clamav.net --> this should open a page saying "You reached one of ClamAV virus database mirrors:"

4) if steps 2 or 3 fail, please double check from a different browser.

If your getting errors with any of the above, you there are 3 common causes:

A) there is a local a firewall preventing you from accessing Immunet's servers.  Temporarily disable it and see if your 503 errors stop.  Also note that sometimes windows 10 updates will turn the default windows firewall back on.  So if you thought you left it disabled it's worth double checking it's still disabled.   

B) Immunet's IP addresses change all the time and a common problem we see is users allowing access to Immunet server IP's during the initial install and everything works great, but a few months later our server IP's change but your local machine's firewall rules have to be manually get updated to allow  connecting to Immunet's new IP's.

C) You might be using a DNS server that can't resolve Immunet's hostnames to the correct IP addresses.  Try setting a different DNS server in your network connection settings :   Google hosts  one at 8.8.8.8 (it's also the only static IP I know). I won't guarantee anything about it's privacy, but I will guarantee its at least providing accurate hostname-to-IP resolution to reach Immunets servers.

i) Immunet uses the default system level default DNS server, which is usually found in your local area connections settings, and is usually assigned automatically by your internet provider.

ii) Note that a computer can be configured to use an multiple alternate DNS servers than the one provided by your internet provider.  Individual web browsers can be set to use different DNS' from each other, which can in turn also be different from the local area connection level dns.

iii) Some programs that can lead to the confusion of dealing with multiple DNS servers are:
-Comodo Firewall products that install their own local DNS Server.
-browser plugins & add-ons that claim to to increase security or privacy by re-routing DNS queries that originate from the browser through their secure/alternate DNS server.  
-Private vpn's usually provide their own DNS servers while you're connected to them and sometimes offer free private DNS servers for use when disconnected from the vpn.
-malware that will maliciously redirect your DNS settings  "aka the DNShijack" attack.

iv) The user Amydala reported above that Immunet's installer didn't work with the Firefox browser but did work with IE. This is a telltale sign of having multiple different DNS servers across  different browsers.

• Like 1