MacDaddy

High Resource Utilisation

is there anyway to tune resource utilisation? This happens at startup and multiple times a day- i don't have any scans configured and is becoming a bit rediculous.

version 7.0.2.11454

Task Manager.png

Edited by MacDaddy
added detail

Hello MacDaddy,

Amp for Endpoints is Immunet's enterprise version but this forum is for Immunet Protect Free only. I would suggest you instead contact the support team for AMP regarding your issue.

Here's a URL where you can contact AMP's support. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/amp-for-endpoints/index.html

Best wishes, Ritchie...

• Confused 1

Thanks Richie, as you know Immunet uses the 'Cisco AMP for Endpoints' scanning and detection engine, which is how it appears as the process on a windows system. This is indeed an immunet issue.

Task Manager.png

Edited by MacDaddy
  • Like 1

OK, I get what you're saying. I have a list of Domains & IP addresses that Immunet can sometimes use but that's a new one for me! Sorry about the confusion!

Instead of a dedicated Windows process (sfc.exe, iptray.exe, cscm.exe & freshclam.exe) this must be a new Domain or IP address that Immunet is using for DNS lookups. Unfortunately the direct IP addresses Immunet connects to aren’t necessarily long lived. They're generally only used in the case of DNS lookups failing continuously.

I would suggest you wait a day or two to see if the issue persists and if it does perhaps some troubleshooting might be called for. Would you be up for something like that?

Hi Macdaddy,

I have been testing Immunet and I have a few questions. 

When do you see the high utilization? Is it when you run scans or opening programs. Do you have any other AVs running that can be conflicting? Any more info will help out :)

I was also wondering if you have Clam enabled. Clam is resource heavy and for laptops, netbooks and the like it is suggested to turn it off. A few things you can try is to turn Clam off and see if that fixes it. You could also turn off monitor program start, especially for start up since Immunet is checking every program starting including core windows components from what I have noticed. 

What kind of system are you running? I only wonder since the pic shows a lot of ram usage. 

Stay safe,

i face the same issue on my new T495 thinkpad (16gb ram with amd ryzen 5 pro 3500 cpu).

when it hits 100%, usually in the afternoon. my whole system slows down to a crawl. it comes unexpectedly too.

no scans are running, windows defender turned off, and no other anti-malware / AV installed.