Serpher

Exclusions Do Not Work

That is in my opinion a major bug. I added to exclusions some folders and Immunet just scanned them even if I didn't want to. This option is just for show now...

BTW, there will be UTF-8 coding for non-english words in file/folders names/paths?

Guest Armin Pasalic

Yeah, the Exclusion list bug.. Will submit it to a Moderator.

Cheers!

That is in my opinion a major bug. I added to exclusions some folders and Immunet just scanned them even if I didn't want to. This option is just for show now...

BTW, there will be UTF-8 coding for non-english words in file/folders names/paths?

Serpher, the exclusion of files scanned appears to be a perception issue that we introduced just before release. Previously we did not count files that were excluded, but because people felt that we were doing nothing for a long period of time if there were a lot of exclusions we added them to the count. However, we will not convict an excluded file.

As for non-english UTF-8 exclusions. I just started digging to this late last week as we're getting ready with our translation builds. There are actually a few issues I know about already about:

1) You cannot add an exclusion that's non-English

2) You cannot delete an exclusion that's non-English (a restore will add it to the exclusion list)

3) If you do a custom scan for a folder that's non-English the behavior gets really weird

4) You cannot register with My Community with a non-English name, it crashes IP Tray

A lot of this will get fixed translation builds.

Guest Mature
2) You cannot delete an exclusion that's non-English (a restore will add it to the exclusion list)

aha~this is the reason caused my failure deletions

Serpher, the exclusion of files scanned appears to be a perception issue that we introduced just before release. Previously we did not count files that were excluded, but because people felt that we were doing nothing for a long period of time if there were a lot of exclusions we added them to the count. However, we will not convict an excluded file.

May I assume that will be fixed?

Hi,

My first Immunet scan put two malwares in quarantine. ( A file in C:\Progran 7\Serv-U\ and a file C:\Program 1\Mailwasher Pro\mvpv\mvpv.exe). Many AVs do so, because they are false positives. :angry: I restored them from the quarantine. In "General Settings" -> "Protection Exclusions" -> "File Exclusions" I added these two strings above, and further scans have not reported them as malwares (virus). So Exclusions do really work for me!;)

Cheers,

sweidre