Is updating broken again?

I was getting alerted that an update was available, but no matter how many times I clicked on "Update Now" or on "Fix It" the download would time out and retry, but never succeed at downloading.

I downloaded the latest version 7.3.0.11792 manually from the website, and installed it.  Now the "!" mark is still showing with a "Not Updated" status.  Clicking on "Fix It" or "Update Now" responds with "Immunet is Up to Date", "Checking for definition updates", "Latest updates already installed", but the "Not Updated" status remains.  Rebooting makes no difference either.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Not_Updated.png

Some users that have run into this same issue have had success by doing a clean uninstall & reinstall. By a clean install I mean when asked by the uninstaller if you plan to install Immunet again choose the "NO" option and proceed with the remainder of the uninstall. 

When you reinstall Immunet again you will have to reconfigure the settings to the way you had them & add any custom exclusions you may have been using. Worth a try I think.

I noticed that I get the "not updated" status on a fresh install until I manually perform a scan (even just a "flash scan" will do - and it only takes a minute or two). Even after manually updating Immunet, I noticed that closing and re-opening the GUI (or restarting the computer) resulted in the "not updated" status. The only way to fix it was to update then scan.

On every machine I've tried so far (all some variant of Windows 10), the following seems to fix it:

1. Open Immunet GUI
2. Manually check for updates. Wait a few minutes, to give the ClamAV database a chance to update, then close the update dialog.
3. Now run a flash scan (or full scan, but beware a full scan can take hours whereas a flash scan only takes minutes).

It seems as if forcing an update then forcing a scan resets Immunet's indicators and it all works again.

• Like 1

Glad to hear that zombunny's procedure worked for you Monk. It doesn't seem to work for everyone however.

Another user reported that a reinstall worked instead. I know that really is a less than ideal fix though.

Build 7.3.0 definitely has some bugs that need to be addressed ASAP in my view!

Regards, Ritchie...

@zombunny2:  Since my version was already up to date, your solution did not work for me.  Thank you for the suggestion though.

@ritchie58:  Thank you.  The complete uninstall did the trick.  I hope the future updates don't need that workaround.

• Like 1

Hi guys, if my solution doesn't work for you it's precisely because you're not doing it as the very first thing on a completely fresh installation.

I always completely remove Immunet, say "no" to keeping all data, reboot and do a fresh install. I've only ever had problems when upgrading Immunet via the GUI so I just never chance it any more.

Sorry, I forgot to make that bit completely clear.